A fruit from the prunus domestica family, the Mirabelle is, by definition, “beautiful to look at”, from the Italian mira bella. Known since the Antiquity as prunus domestica syriaca, the plum tree was cultivated in Asia Minor, throughout Persia and Eastern Europe. Roman manuscripts trace the mirabelle’s origin back to Syria: at times when the Romans ruled over the region, different varieties of plums including mirabelles were introduced in Rome. Dark yellow in color, this small rounded plum is often covered in a thin – and edible - wax coating called pruine (wax bloom). Its perfume is like its texture: sugary yet delicate.
Burn time 45+ Hours
Size 9cm H x 7.5cm W
Keep your candle looking its best with with a Carriere Freres Display Dome.
How to care for your Carriere Freres Candle
- Make sure to never leave a candle unattended.
- Do not burn for more than two hours at a time.
- To get the maximum time from your candle it's always best to allow it to burn until the entire surface liquifies. Wait for the wax to solidify again before re-lighting.
- Before lighting your candle it's best to trim the wick to 1/4 inch. This will avoid any black smoke.
- Always protect the surface you are placing your candle on.
- Stop burning your candle once there is only 1/4 inch of wax remaining.